May 3, 2012

This philosophy

I like this philosophy

“For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson

If only people could live that way all the time. Not having arguments and misconceptions. But trying to get along. Trying to be happy. Feeling good about themselves and portraying that.

I think of a microcosm of my husband and I. How have we managed to stay married, happily for 25 years this coming July?  Due to kindness, consideration, love and understanding. Neither of us consider ourselves to be perfect. So we don't consider that the other person needs to be that.  No, we all have our faults.  Every single one of us. How can you call somebody out on their minor transgressions?  Just isn't right.


No comments: