April 30, 2012

On feedback and negativity

On feedback and negativity.  I got some feedback from a post I did on Facebook pointing to this blog.  She said she was impressed with my call to action but in the end dulled my message with the negativity.  Well, that's something I need to work on. To stay positive in every single post I make.  The point I made that because I have Asperger's I often don't think what others think of what I write.  I just write down what I think.  So, it is good to finally get some good feedback on what you, the reader thinks of what I write. It is only through feedback that you begin to improve as a person.  So, now that I know that I'm being perceived as negative and therefore dulling my message with that negativity I'll stop.  Period.  Now I know and I can learn and grow from there.

If you've read this blog before why didn't you point this out to me?  Is it because you don't feel the need to point out something that is wrong?  I'm not asking this in a snide way but an honest way.

My message is this

Love one another

Feel compassion for each other

Try to hear the other person

Let go of the ego

Let go of the beliefs you feel are so important to you

Enjoy the moment when you realize you're really listening and not hearing what you want to hear

Embrace that feeling of understanding someone else

Love them for who they are, not what you want them to be

Love, don't hate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog but I haven't come across something negative on your part, in fact I thought you were being too kind on a few things. :D

- Ege

Toria/Deb said...

Thanks for the feedback :)

MDBDLife said...

I don't know why others must decide your mood. Your opinions, moods and truth to yourself is important. The reason that I created my blog is to get off of Facebook. I find people whining on my page for things I have said, and I want to be honest whether people accept Every Word I say or not. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but don't change you bc someone has their own opinion.

Toria/Deb said...

This is quite true as well. But I like to think of myself as a positive person. Someone that thinks happy thoughts. Like the Dalai Lama. He's never ever negative in any of his posts. Always positive. And that engenders a happy response in others. Yes, I'll try to be truthful to myself, but also try to be that way in a positive upbeat way :)